Ten library staff from Greater Minnesota public libraries have been selected to attend two fall library association conferences.
Join me in congratulating our colleagues!
Association of Rural and Small Libraries Conference (Columbus, OH):
· Lynne Coleman, Waterville Public Library of the Waseca-LeSueur Regional Library (Traverse des Sioux Library System)
· Suzanne Hilgert, Olivia/Renville Public Libraries of the Pioneerland Library System
· Jolene Seibel,Thief River Falls Public Library of the Northwest Regional Library System
· Mary Beth Woodrow, Aitkin Public Library of the East Central Regional Library Minnesota Library Association Conference (Mankato, MN):
· Janet Gaylord, Blue Earth Community Library (Traverse des Sioux Library System)
· Gail Hedstrom, Thorson Memorial Library (Viking Library System)
· Stephen Miller, Little Falls Carnegie Library of the Great River Regional Library
· Katherine Morrow, Mille Lacs Lake Community Library of the East Central Regional Library
· Lois Schaedler, Mahnomen Public Library of the Lake Agassiz Regional Library
· Robin Suhsen, Princeton Area Library of the East Central Regional Library
The grant recipients attended a Rural Library Sustainability workshop in 2007 and submitted a trip application, including action plan. The intent of the free conference trips is to promote rural and small library sustainability via professional development and networking and via the exchange of sustainability action plans.
This trip is funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, administered by State Library Services as part of the Rural Library Sustainability Project.
Mary Ann Van Cura
Library Development & Continuing Education Coordinator
State Library Services
1500 Highway 36 West
Roseville, MN 55113
651-582-8632 voice 651-582-8752 fax